SkillsUSA is a national membership association serving high school, college and middle school students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health occupations, and for further education. SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
Student members of SkillsUSA automatically receive the following benefits:
- Access to career resources and contact with industry Opportunities to compete in the SkillsUSA Championships at the local, state or national levels
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards and honors Job contacts and networking opportunities
- Chance to learn and practice professional and leadership skills
- Recognition from peers, teachers and leaders within the community
- SkillsUSA Magazine Subscription, digital format, the official publication of the organization
Benefits for Teachers:
- Online access to SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards, Jump into STEM! curriculum, Career Essentials: Foundations
- An incentive, register at least 15 student members in your training program plus one or more professionals by a certain date set by nationals office, and you will receive a free educational resource item, Impact: Experiential Activities that Launch Productive Teams (value $9.95).
- 100-percent membership plus one or more professionals will also receive a SkillsUSA Program of Work calendar (value: $5.95).
- SkillsUSA Magazine Subscription
- Scholarship Opportunities for Students
- Professional Membership Cards