Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
To support all families in accessing high-quality child care, the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to low-income families while they are working or attending school.
Do I Qualify For Child Care Assistance (CCAP)?
- Families are eligible for CCAP if:
- The child needing care is a US citizen or an eligible alien residing in the state of Louisiana.
- Parents or legal guardians meet one of the following requirements:
- Works at least 20 hours a week
- OR attends an accredited school or a training program as a full-time student
- OR attends an accredited school or a training program at least 20 hours a week
- OR attends a combination of work and school
- OR is actively seeking work
- OR participates in a transitional living program
- OR receives disability income
- OR is experiencing homelessness
- Your household’s income before any deductions from your paycheck is less than the amount listed below for your household size (monthly gross earned and unearned income)
How Do I Choose A Child Care Option?
- Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
- Find a School or Center
- Understanding Early Childhood Performance Profiles
- Child Care Resources for Families on the Waiting List
For Households Receiving CCAP
CCAP Household Eligibility
P.O. Box 260037
Baton Rouge, LA 70826
Fax: 225.376.6060, 225.342.3906